Tuesday 8 December 2009

Gift in a Jar

I've spent the last hour or so working out the ingredients and filling these jars ready for some Christmas presents for special friends.
I have made something similar before and didn't remember it being so hard to keep the layers separate! The flour so easily trickles through to the layer below.
I eventually decided to put the raisins all in one layer...so they didn't disappear in a fog of flour!
As you can see in my first attempt on the right, its quite messy.... I think the middle one is the best....tomorrow I will do some more putting the flour first I think.
All that is needed to turn the ingredients into scrummy cookies is butter and egg.
I still have to design the label which will include the instructions for making the cookies up.
For any who may have the urge to whip up a last minute pressie I will post all the details very soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really do love this idea! Would it work if you popped a tube in the middle of the jar and poured the flour in that? Then just packed the other ingredients around the side before removing the tube?

    ReplyDelete